Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is both flavorful and satisfying? Look no further than this Greek Turkey and Rice Skillet! This one-pot meal is packed with protein, vegetables, and bold Mediterranean flavors that will have your taste buds singing. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to make this delicious dish step-by-step, as well as answer some frequently asked questions about it.
Before we get started, let’s gather all the ingredients we’ll need to make this tasty Greek Turkey and Rice Skillet:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, brown the ground turkey over medium heat until fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced bell peppers to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the uncooked rice to the pan and stir to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and has absorbed all the liquid.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cooked ground turkey and crumbled feta cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe besides ground turkey? Yes, you can use ground beef, chicken, or even lamb if you prefer.
- Can I use brown rice instead of white rice? Yes, you can substitute brown rice in this recipe, but keep in mind that the cooking time may be longer.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free chicken broth.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
- Can I freeze leftovers? Yes, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Can I add other vegetables to this recipe? Yes, you can add other vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, or mushrooms if you like.
This Greek Turkey and Rice Skillet is a delicious and easy one-pot meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Packed with protein and vegetables, it’s a healthy and flavorful option that the whole family will love. Whether you’re a fan of Mediterranean cuisine or just looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and start cooking this delicious Greek Turkey and Rice Skillet today!