Sure! Here’s a classic biscuit recipe that’s easy to make and always delicious:
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk, chilled
- Mixing bowls
- Pastry cutter or fork
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the chilled butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the chilled milk and stir until the mixture forms a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it gently 2-3 times.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1 inch.
- Use a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter, jam, or your favorite toppings.
- Use cold butter and milk to ensure the biscuits are flaky and tender.
- Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will become tough.
- Make sure the biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter is sharp to ensure clean cuts.
- Cheese Biscuits: Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the dough before cutting out the biscuits.
- Bacon Biscuits: Add 1/2 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon to the dough before cutting out the biscuits.
- Cinnamon Biscuits: Mix 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar together and sprinkle over the biscuits before baking.
FAQ: Q: Can I make these biscuits in advance? A: Yes, you can make these biscuits up to 1 day in advance. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature and reheat in the oven before serving.
Q: Can I freeze these biscuits? A: Yes, you can freeze these biscuits for up to 2 months. Let them cool completely before wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw them at room temperature and reheat in the oven before serving.
Q: What can I serve these biscuits with? A: These biscuits are great served with butter, jam, honey, gravy, or as a side to any meal.
Try out this classic biscuit recipe and enjoy a delicious and versatile treat that’s perfect for any meal or occasion!