If you love adding a little heat to your meals, you’ll be happy to know that spicy kitchen trends are heating up in a big way this year. Here are five spicy kitchen trends that are sure to be a hit in 2022.
- Hot Sauces – Hot sauce is no longer just a condiment, it’s becoming a star ingredient in many dishes. From traditional sriracha and Louisiana-style hot sauce to more exotic blends like Korean gochujang and Mexican habanero, there’s a hot sauce for every palate. You can drizzle hot sauce on eggs, tacos, burgers, or even use it to add a kick to marinades and dressings.
- Spicy Snacks – Spicy snacks are a great way to satisfy your cravings and add some heat to your day. From spicy chips to nuts and jerky, there are plenty of options to choose from. You can even make your own spicy snacks by adding spices like cayenne pepper, chili powder, or smoked paprika to your favorite snack mix.
- Spicy Cocktails – Spicy cocktails are becoming increasingly popular, with bartenders using ingredients like jalapeños, habaneros, and even hot sauce to add some heat to their drinks. Spicy margaritas, Bloody Marys, and micheladas are just a few examples of spicy cocktails that are sure to be a hit.
- Spicy Desserts – While you may not typically associate heat with dessert, spicy desserts are becoming more popular. From spicy chocolate truffles to cinnamon-spiced cakes, adding a little heat can add a unique and unexpected flavor to your sweet treats.
- Spicy Plant-Based Foods – With the rise of plant-based diets, spicy plant-based foods are becoming more popular. Whether it’s adding spicy peppers to vegan chili or using spicy sauces to add flavor to plant-based protein, there are plenty of ways to add heat to your plant-based meals.
Overall, these spicy kitchen trends are a great way to add some excitement and flavor to your meals. Whether you’re a spice lover or just looking to try something new, there’s no doubt that spicy foods are here to stay.