If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dessert to serve at your next dinner party, look no further than millefeuille. This classic French pastry, also known as Napoleon, consists of layers of crispy puff pastry and sweet cream filling. In this recipe, we’ll add fresh strawberries to the mix to create a sweet and fruity twist on this traditional dessert. So let’s get started!
To make this millefeuille dessert with strawberries, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup of strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Follow these simple instructions to make millefeuille dessert with strawberries:
Step 1: Prepare the Puff Pastry
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut each sheet into 3 equal-sized rectangles. Place the rectangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick each rectangle all over with a fork to prevent them from puffing up too much during baking. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Let them cool completely.
Step 2: Prepare the Cream Filling
In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat the cream, or it will become lumpy.
Step 3: Assemble the Millefeuille
Place one of the puff pastry rectangles on a serving plate. Spread a layer of cream filling on top of the pastry. Arrange a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the cream. Repeat this process with another puff pastry rectangle, more cream, and more sliced strawberries. Top with the third puff pastry rectangle.
Step 4: Decorate the Millefeuille
In a small saucepan, heat the strawberry jam over low heat until it becomes thin and runny. Brush the top layer of the millefeuille with the strawberry jam, using a pastry brush. Dust powdered sugar over the top of the millefeuille. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
Once the millefeuille has chilled, you can slice it into individual portions and serve. Enjoy your delicious and impressive millefeuille dessert with strawberries!
Tips and Variations
- You can substitute the strawberries with other fruits, such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Add a layer of pastry cream or custard to the millefeuille for added richness.
- For a more decorative finish, use a piping bag to pipe the cream filling onto the pastry layers.
- If you’re short on time, you can use store-bought puff pastry instead of making your own.
Millefeuille dessert with strawberries is a classic French pastry that’s sure to impress your guests. With its layers of crispy puff pastry, sweet cream filling, and fresh strawberries, it’s a delicious and elegant dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Follow this simple recipe to create your own millefeuille masterpiece and enjoy the sweet taste of France in your own home!
- How do I prevent the pastry from becoming soggy?
- Be sure to assemble the millefeuille just before serving to prevent the pastry from becoming soggy. You can also brush a thin layer of melted